White Hat Sports Headlines

Monday, February 4, 2008

SUPER heart break!

Super Bowl XLII, which broke my heart showed a lot about both teams. The only way I could describe the game was with adjectives that I than decided to look up and see if they apply to what happened on the dismal night of February 3rd 2008:

Perfection- is, broadly, a state of completeness and flawlessness.

Choke- a failure to win a competition after an initial large lead or an initial advantage over an opponent or player

Teamwork- is the concept of people working together cooperatively, as in a sports team.

Underdog- a participant in a fight, conflict, or game who is not expected to win

The Ironic thing is the New England Patriots won there 1st Super Bowl on the February 3rd, 2002 (the exact date that 6 years later they would lose on). However if you told me back in 2002 that the Patriots would win 1 Super Bowl in the next 7 seasons, I would say I would be very content. The Patriots instead have won 3 in that 7 year span, have been to another as well as playoff appearances in 6 of the 7 years. Maybe New England Patriot fans have become greedy, maybe with the Red Sox winning twice and the New England Revolution making the title game every other year and soccer, and the Boston Celtics currently with the best record in the NBA we have become greedy, but unfortunately that doesn’t fix the pain and emotional drain I have inside. I can only imagine how the New England Patriots organization feels after allegations of cheating, court orders, injuries and so on. This was the most mentally tough team in any sport I’ve ever seen and they came up a game short, and for the second straight year I had to see a Manning eliminate us and than lift the Super Bowl title.


-Ryan-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GET OVER IT BITCH ASS NIGGA. G-MEN ALL DAY EVERYDAY THATS HOW NEW YORK DOES FOOTBALL. FUCK THE PATS FUCK RANDY MOSS FUCK TEDDY BRUSCHI AND IF YOU DOWN WITH NEW ENGLAND THAN FUCK YOU TOO SOFT ASS BITCH.