White Hat Sports Headlines

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

How important are sports?

This past week it was brought to my attention by a classmate of mine that sports are not important. No it was not in this class, it was a kid in my ethics class who said this to me. So his statement got me thinking about it in the grand scheme of the world. I had a lot of time to ponder this question... Are sports important and do they matter? After thinking about this for about half a second the answer is YES! Of course sports are important whether it be professional or not. Sports have been around almost since the beginning of time, and had importance as well.


I mean look at basketball for example, it use to be played by tribes and the losing team had to die. Those are pretty high stakes for just a game but what do i know right? If you think about it sports do play a major role in this country and the world as a whole. The perfect example is Baseball, it's America's favorite past time. Where do people go in this country when they want to get away? chances are that they will end up at a Baseball park. Over the years all major sports have always been a huge part of society. In my opinion when I hear people say that sports are not important, I think that they were the kids who were picked last. No offense but without sports what would people do for activities? Yes i realize that there are other things you could do but the world just would be dull without sports.


~Derek Gause~

No comments: