White Hat Sports Headlines

Sunday, July 6, 2008

C.C. Sabathia Traded

Updated 8:08 PM: According to ESPN.com it's official. Heres the link. Definitely a good deal for the Brew Crew, I had a chance to see them play the Sox in their three game series at Fenway. Although they lost all three I can tell you this team can contend right now. With Ryan Braun, Corey Hart, Ben Sheets, Prince Fielder, J.J. Hardy and Rickie Weeks they can win it all, and this deal is basically a one year rental to do just that. Good to see a team taking a chance
; even if it doesn't work out they will get some good draft picks in return.

7:31 PM: I'm working right now, and I just got word that C.C. Sabthia has been traded to the Milwaukee Brewers. From what I hear it's official. I can't link any sites because there aren't any reporting the deal is done, but I will try to later. The word has been that Cleveland will get power bat Matt Laporta from the Brewers Double A team as the main piece, with other smaller pieces to follow. I'll try to get out more later as it comes in.

~Aaron Jackson

No comments: