White Hat Sports Headlines

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Winners of the White Hat Fantasy Competition

Congrats to the winners of the White Hat Fantasy Competition; Derek Farrington of China, ME and A.C. Davidson, also from Maine. The information to access the site has been sent to them, and they will now be dominated this season in fantasy football.

In other news, being a sports reporter does have it's perks, as I had the chance to speak to scouts from the Giants, A's and Royals organizations over the weekend, as well as meet former Sox broadcaster Sean McDonough at the Senior League World Series, which to my surprise was a great event to cover. ESPN covered the final game, and really the entire week was much more enjoyable than I could have ever expected.

And for die hard Sox fans I had the chance to sit in the Sea Dog's (Sox double A affiliate) dugout and watch them win on a walk off hit. During my time in the dugout I got the chance to meet Lars Anderson, one of the top first base prospects and overall prospects in the country. He was very down to earth and funny, and took the time to sign autographs for 10-15 minutes after the game, something no other players did. He's been my favorite Sox prospect ever since Jacoby Ellsbury became overrated, and I really see big things for him in the future.

That's all for now...

~Aaron Jackson

No comments: